Thursday 14 June 2007

The Dove Spring Beer Festival


I have recently had a bit of a break from blog writing, this doesn’t mean that I have not enjoyed any beer.
At the end of May, I visited the Dove Street Inn, Ipswich for their spring beer festival. The Dove is one of my favourite pubs not only because there is normally 20 cask beers available. The pub full of character and all the staff seem very friendly.
This is one of those pubs you don’t want to leave.
The festival saw 70 beers offered. One or two of my favourites such as Dark Stars’ Hophead and Moorehouse Mild were in top condition and slipped down nicely. Caledonians’ Top Banana was one beer I had not tried before. I thought this banana flavoured tipple would be revolting. In fact it was drinkable and mildly pleasant. By no means is it a complex or really interesting drink but it was drinkable and smooth. My girlfriend was a big fan and this may be one for the ladies.
We soaked up the beer with a tasty burger from the outside BBQ which filled the marquee with a delicious smells. Lovely!

1 comment:

Stonch said...

Glad to see you writing again. You're back in my links!

Tell us a bit more about your pub's summer beer festie, me and the lads are planning to come along.

Cheers