Friday 26 June 2009

What to expect

Hopefully lots of interesting stuff will be happening over the coming months; otherwise this blog will become a bit dull. I hope to be able to update regularly on goings on in Mill Green Brewery and the White Horse. I will also be sharing my opinions on various debates in the beer world and maybe talk about some nice pubs I visit and great beers I try (and maybe some not so good). On top of this we I will be looking at some new projects that I’m involved in.

Over the past few months the family and I have been working on growing our own ingredients for the brewing process. We have a 14 acre field and have planted some barley that we hope to malt, either ourselves or by getting someone else to do it. We have also, in a corner of the field, planted 200 hop plants (25 of 8 varieties). Although the harvest this year will probably be non-existent we hope, in the long run, this will save us money as well as being a great selling point for the beer. I hope through this blog I will also be able to chart the progress of my family’s first tentative steps into farming.

No comments: