Wednesday 28 March 2007

Short Introduction


Welcome to Tom’s Beer Blog! I love beer. Luckily for me my father owns a pub (The White Horse, Edwardstone, Suffolk). There are also plans for a micro brewery to be built next to the pub.

I already make Cider (Castling Heath Cottage Organic) with my family on a small scale (500 gallons a year) and now wish to become knowledgeable in the process of brewing beer, as to help in the brewery. This is going to be difficult enough, but the plan is also to make it a Carbon neutral brewery and to make it as environmentally streamlined as possible. The pub became the first in the UK with its own wind turbine when it was officially switched on by Tim Yeo MP a few weeks ago.

This blog will chart my journey from beer lover too competent brewer (hopefully). It will also contain articles about pubs and festivals I have visited as well as beer and cider reviews.

I hope my blog will be of interest to any one who is interested in Real Ale, brewing, pubs or environmental issues.

No comments: